Dormitory sleeping rooms having an exit doorway direct to the exterior are not required to have a second exit or exit access doorway provided that:
- The room has 16 or fewer occupants;
- The travel distance from any point in the room to the exit doorway does not exceed 30 feet;
- The room is not located more than two stories above grade;
- The room is not located on a level below grade; and
- The room is provided with an emergency escape window in accordance with Sections 1029.2 through 1029.5 and the escape window is separated from the exit doorway in accordance with Section 1015.2.1.