Notification that a sprinkler system or fire alarm system, or any part thereof, is or will be out of service shall be made to the department under the following circumstances:
- The sprinkler system or fire alarm system is or will be out of service on more than one floor of a building; or
- With respect to a sprinkler system, the work or repairs cannot be completed, and the system restored to service, within 8 hours of the time the system was placed or went out of service; or
- With respect to a fire alarm system, the work or repairs will require the fire alarm system to be out of service for more than 8 hours in any 24-hour period; or
- One or more other fire protection systems in the area in which a fire protection system is out of service are or will also be out of service at the same time.
Notification of an out-of-service condition pursuant to this section shall be made by the impairment coordinator to the department at the applicable telephone number set forth in FC401.2.2. Such notification shall include the following information:
- The owner or impairment coordinator's name and contact information;
- The building address;
- The type of fire protection system that is out of service;
- Whether the fire protection system is out of service by reason of a planned removal from service (and if so, the reason for placing it out of service) or an unplanned out-of-service condition;
- If a planned removal from service, the date and time the fire protection system will be placed out of service, and the estimated duration the system will be out of service;
- If an unplanned out-of-service condition, the estimated duration the system will be out of service;
- The floors or areas in which the fire protection system is out of service;
- Whether the other fire protection systems are in good working order; and
- The name and certificate number of the certificate of fitness holder responsible for supervision of the fire protection system that is out of service.