// CODE SNIPPET
1.3.4 Nonstructural Evaluation Report
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The nonstructural evaluation report shall include the following elements:
- Additional evaluations as in accordance with Section 11.01.3 will be required for any hospital owner electing to obtain a higher NPC at a future date consistent with an approved compliance plan;
- A complete nonstructural evaluation up to NPC 5 is required prior to the hospital owner selling or leasing the hospital to another party.
- Central supply areas;
- Clinical laboratory service spaces;
- Critical care areas;
- Pharmaceutical service spaces;
- Radiological service spaces; and
- Sterile supply areas.
- Domestic water supply system, including heating equipment, valving, storage facilities and piping;
- Medical gas supply system, including storage facilities, manifolding and piping;
- Fire protection system, including sprinkler systems, wet and dry standpipes, piping systems and other fire suppression systems; and
- Sanitary drainage system, including storage facilities and piping.
- Essential electrical system, including emergency fuel storage;
- Internal communication systems;
- External communication systems;
- Fire alarm systems; and
- Elevators selected to provide service to patient, surgical, obstetrical and ground floors.
- A synopsis of the evaluation and all the calculations used in the course of the evaluation for the planned level of nonstructural performance;
- A list of the deficiencies identified in the course of the evaluation for the planned level of nonstructural performance;
- Provide an 11- by 17-inch scaled Site Plan which identifies the boundaries of the facility property, locates all buildings, roadways, parking and other significant site features and improvements. Identify boundaries between buildings which were constructed at different times. For all buildings, note the names of the buildings and date of each related building permit. Provide the SPC and NPC for all buildings.
- Provide the following matrix of construction information for each building of the facility under the acute care license, include the Structural Performance Category (SPC) and Nonstructural Performance Category (NPC) for all hospital buildings (see Tables 2.5.3 and 11.1). Identify each building addition separately. For buildings constructed, reconstructed or remodeled under a building permit issued by the Office, provide the OSHPD application number and the date of the initial submittal.
|BUILDING NAME/ |
|OSHPD (or local |
building) permit date/
|BUILDING TYPE (per |