Containers, equipment and devices that are not in compliance with recognized standards for design and construction shall be approved upon presentation of satisfactory evidence that they are designed and constructed for safe operation.
The following data shall be submitted to the fire code official with reference to the deviation from the recognized standard with the application for approval.
- Type and use of container, equipment or device.
- Material to be stored, used or transported.
- Description showing dimensions and materials used in construction.
- Design pressure, maximum operating pressure and test pressure.
- Type, size and setting of pressure relief devices.
- Other data requested by the fire code official.