// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
For buildings or structures that are nonresidential (for flood zone purposes), all post-FIRM new buildings and substantial improvements shall comply with the applicable requirements in Chapter G3 of this code and ASCE 24, and shall comply with either of the following:
- Elevation option. The structure shall comply with Items 1 through 7 of Section G304.1.1; or
- Dry floodproofing option. The structure shall comply with the following:
- Elevation of dry floodproofing. The structure shall be dry floodproofed to at or above the design flood elevation specified in ASCE 24, Table 6-1;
- Dwelling units, patient care areas (for flood zone purposes) and sleeping areas. Where dwelling units, patient care areas (for flood zone purposes) or spaces intended to be used by persons for sleeping purposes are located in a building utilizing the dry floodproofing option, the following additional requirements shall be met:
- All rooms and spaces within dwelling units, patient care areas (for flood zone purposes) and all spaces intended to be used by persons for sleeping purposes shall be located at or above the design flood elevation;
- A restrictive declaration noting the above restriction shall be filed with the City Register or County Clerk, and the page number and liber number shall be identified in the permit application and on the certificate of occupancy.
- Utilities and equipment. Utilities and attendant equipment shall be located within the dry floodproofed enclosure, or may be located outside the dry floodproofed enclosure provided that they are located at or above the design flood elevation specified in ASCE 24, Table 7-1, or are constructed so as to prevent water from entering or accumulating within the components during conditions of flooding in accordance with ASCE 24.
- Additional requirements. The structure shall comply with Items 5.1 through 5.4 of Section G304.1.1.
- Certifications. Applications shall contain applicable certifications in accordance with Section G104.5; and
- Special inspections. Special inspections shall be as required by Section G105.