Article 354 Nonmetallic Underground Conduit With Conductors: Type NUCC
Nonmetallic Underground Conduit with Conductors (NUCC). A factory assembly of conductors or cables inside a nonmetallic, smooth wall raceway with a circular cross section.
- For direct burial underground installation (For minimum cover requirements, see Table 300.5 and Table 300.50 under Rigid Nonmetallic Conduit.)
- Encased or embedded in concrete
- In cinder fill
- In underground locations subject to severe corrosive influences as covered in 300.6 and where subject to chemicals for which the assembly is specifically approved
- Aboveground, except as prohibited in 354.12, where encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete
- In exposed locations
- Inside buildings
Exception: The conductor or the cable portion of the assembly, where suitable, shall be permitted to extend within the building for termination purposes in accordance with 300.3.
- In any hazardous (classified) location, except as permitted by other articles of this Code
Informational Note: See 300.1(C) for the metric designators and trade sizes. These are for identification purposes only and do not relate to actual dimensions.
Table 354.24 Minimum Bending Radius for Nonmetallic Underground Conduit with Conductors (NUCC)
|Conduit Size||Minimum Bending Radius|
|Metric Designator||Trade Size||mm||in.|
Informational Note: See 300.4(G) for the protection of conductors size 4 AWG or larger.
Identification of conductors or cables used in the assembly shall be provided on a tag attached to each end of the assembly or to the side of a reel. Enclosed conductors or cables shall be marked in accordance with 310.8.