// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
This chapter shall not apply to liquids as otherwise provided in other laws or regulations or chapters of this code, including:
- Specific provisions for flammable liquids in motor fuel-dispensing facilities, repair garages, airports and marinas in Chapter 23.
- Medicines, foodstuffs, cosmetics and commercial or institutional products containing not more than 50 percent by volume of water-miscible liquids and with the remainder of the solution not being flammable, provided that such materials are packaged in individual containers not exceeding 1.3 gallons (5 L).
- Quantities of alcoholic beverages in retail or wholesale sales or storage occupancies, providied that the liquids are packaged in individual containers not exceeding 1.3 gallons (5 L).
- Storage and use of fuel oil in tanks and containers connected to oil-burning equipment. Such storage and use shall be in accordance with Section 603. For abandonment of fuel oil tanks, this chapter applies.
- Refrigerant liquids and oils in refrigeration systems (see Section 605).
- Storage and display of aerosol products complying with Chapter 51.
- Storage and use of liquids that do not have a fire point when tested in accordance with ASTM D92.
- Liquids with a flash point greater than 95°F (35°C) in a water-miscible solution or dispersion with a water and inert (noncombustible) solids content of more than 80 percent by weight, which do not sustain combustion.
- Liquids without flash points that can be flammable under some conditions, such as certain halogenated hydrocarbons and mixtures containing halogenated hydrocarbons.
- The storage of distilled spirits and wines in wooden barrels and casks.
- Commercial cooking oil storage tank systems located within a building and designed and installed in accordance with Section 608 and NFPA 30.