[F] 903.3.1.1 NFPA 13 Sprinkler Systems
Automatic sprinklers shall not be required in the following rooms or areas where such rooms or areas are protected with an approved automatic fire detection system in accordance with Section 907.2 that will respond to visible or invisible particles of combustion. Sprinklers shall not be omitted from a room merely because it is damp, of fire-resistance-rated construction or contains electrical equipment.
- A room where the application of water, or flame and water, constitutes a serious life or fire hazard.
- A room or space where sprinklers are considered undesirable because of the nature of the contents, where approved by the fire code official.
- Generator and transformer rooms separated from the remainder of the building by walls and floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assemblies having a fire-resistance rating of not less than 2 hours.
- Rooms or areas that are of noncombustible construction with wholly noncombustible contents.
- Fire service access elevator machine rooms and machinery spaces.
- Machine rooms, machinery spaces, control rooms and control spaces associated with occupant evacuation elevators designed in accordance with Section 3008.