This section has been amended at the state or city level.
Separate submeters or meters shall be installed as follows:
- For each individual leased, rented, or other tenant space within the building projected to consume more than 100 gal/lons per day (380 L/day), including, but not limited to, spaces used for laundry or cleaners, restaurant or food service, medical or dental office, laboratory, or beauty salon or barber shop.
- Makeup water for cooling towers where flow through is greater than 500 gpm (30 L/s).
- Makeup water for evaporative coolers greater than 6 gpm (0.04 L/s).
- Steam and hot-water boilers with energy input more than 500,000 Btu/h (147 kW).
- For each building that uses more than 100 gallons per day on a parcel containing multiple buildings.