All applications for new buildings or substantial improvements shall be subject to the following inspections:
- Elevation progress inspection. Upon placement of the lowest floor, including the basement (for flood zone purposes), an engineer or licensed professional surveyor shall inspect the site and verify the elevation of such lowest floor. The inspection report verifying the elevation shall be submitted to the department prior to further vertical construction. The commissioner shall be permitted to issue a stop work order if such inspection report is not submitted.
- Flood zone compliance special inspection. Prior to sign-off of work, a special inspector or special inspection agency shall inspect during the course of construction and certify that: "the structure was constructed" or "alterations were performed," "with methods and practices that minimize flood damage and that are in accordance with approved plans, and with any applicable provisions of Appendix G of the New York City Building Code and ASCE 24."
- Final elevation required items. Prior to the sign-off of the flood zone compliance special inspection, the special inspector or special inspection agency shall verify that the following required items have been submitted to the department, as applicable:
- Elevation certificate. The elevation certificate shall be made utilizing FEMA Form 086-0-33 titled, "Elevation Certificate," and shall be signed by an engineer or surveyor.
- Dry floodproofing certificate. The Dry floodproofing certificate shall be made utilizing FEMA Form 086-0-34 titled, "Floodproofing Certificate," and shall be signed by an engineer.