The requirements of this /NDO, Ninth District Overlay apply to all residentially or commercially zoned properties in the Ninth Councilmanic District.
- Legislative Findings.
- The buildings within this Overlay are predominantly characterized by a distinctive brick or stone facade.
- The Council wishes to preserve the historic character of the District and the buildings therein.
- New construction of buildings with visible facades covered by vinyl siding, horizontal aluminum siding, or stucco are inconsistent with the distinctive characteristics of the Overlay.
- Preservation of the historic brick and stone facades throughout the Overlay will maintain and enhance property values in the Overlay and the general attractiveness of the community.
- Area and Form Regulations: Materials.
For new construction, the following materials shall not be used on more than fifty percent of the facade on any building frontage:
- Vinyl siding.
- Horizontal aluminum siding.