- Nail plates shall be spaced such that vertical spacing between plates shall be a maximum of 20 inches (508 mm).
- There shall be at least three fasteners through each nail plate into both the primary and retrofit studs.
- Fasteners used to secure nail plates to studs shall be a minimum 11/2 inches (38 mm) long and fasteners shall be a minimum of 23/4 inches (70 mm) and a maximum of 6 inches (152 mm) from the ends of retrofit studs.
- Fasteners placed in nail plates shall be spaced a minimum of 23/4 inches (70 mm) along the length of lumber and 23/4 inches (70 mm) from ends of lumber.
- Fasteners shall be placed a minimum of a 1/2 inch (13 mm) from the edges of the studs and a maximum of 11/2 inches (38 mm) from the abutting vertical edges of primary and retrofit studs.
Staggered fasteners used to secure nail plates shall be spaced horizontally a minimum of 1/2 inches (13 mm).
For SI: 1 inch = 25.4 mm
NAIL PLATE FASTENING