// CODE SNIPPET
1104.4 Multistory Buildings and Facilities
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- 1.1. Multiple tenant facilities of Group M occupancies containing five or more tenant spaces used for the sales or rental of goods and where at least one such tenant space is located on a floor level above or below the accessible levels.
- 1.2. Stories or mezzanines containing offices of health care providers (Group B or I).
- 1.3. Passenger transportation facilities and airports (Group A-3 or B).
- 1.4. Government buildings.
- Stories, mezzanines or occupied roofs that do not contain accessible elements or other spaces as determined by Section 1107 or 1108 are not required to be served by an accessible route from an accessible level.
- In air traffic control towers, an accessible route is not required to serve the cab and the floor immediately below the cab.
- Where a two-story building or facility has one story or mezzanine with an occupant load of five or fewer persons that does not contain public use space, that story or mezzanine shall not be required to be connected by an accessible route to the story above or below.
Related Code Sections
1104.4 Accessibility, Multistory Buildings and Facilities
At least one accessible route shall connect each accessible story , mezzanine and occupied roofs in multilevel buildings and facilities ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 11 Accessibility > 1104 Accessible Route > 1104.4 Multistory Buildings and Facilities
1107.7.2 Accessibility, Multistory Units
A multistory dwelling unit or sleeping unit that is not provided with elevator service is not required to be a Type B unit . Where a multistory ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 11 Accessibility > 1107 Dwelling Units and Sleeping Units > 1107.7 General Exceptions > 1107.7.2 Multistory Units
506.2.3 General Building Heights and Areas, Single-Occupancy, Multistory Buildings
The allowable area of a single-occupancy building with more than one story above grade plane shall be determined in accordance with Equation 5-2 ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 5 General Building Heights and Areas > 506 Building Area > 506.2 Allowable Area Determination > 506.2.3 Single-Occupancy, Multistory Buildings
2702.2 Electrical, Where Required
Essential electrical systems for ambulatory care facilities shall comply with Section 422.6 ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 27 Electrical > 2702 Emergency and Standby Power Systems > 2702.2 Where Required
188.8.131.52 Scoping Requirements, Toilet Facilities
the site as possible but at least within 200 feet from the main entrance of the building or facility. EXCEPTIONS: Accessible toilet rooms ...
2018 Illinois Accessibility Code > 2 Scoping Requirements > 202 Existing Buildings and Facilities > 202.5 Alterations to Qualified Historic Buildings and Facilities > 202.5.2 Alterations to Historically Interpreted Buildings > 184.108.40.206 Toilet Facilities