18.104.22.168.2 Multiple Charging Space Requirements
[N] When multiple charging spaces are required per Table 22.214.171.124.3 raceway(s) is/are required to be installed at the time of construction and shall be installed in accordance with the California Electrical Code Construction plans and specifications shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The type and location of the EVSE.
- The raceway(s) shall originate at a service panel or a subpanel(s) serving the area, and shall terminate in close proximity to the proposed location of the charging equipment and into listed suitable cabinet(s), box(es), enclosure(s) or equivalent.
- Plan design shall be based upon 40-ampere minimum branch circuits.
- Electrical calculations shall substantiate the design of the electrical system, to include the rating of equipment and any on-site distribution transformers and have sufficient capacity to simultaneously charge all required EVs at its full rated amperage.
- The service panel or subpanel(s) shall have sufficient capacity to accommodate the required number of dedicated branch circuit(s) for the future installation of the EVSE.