(C) Multigrounded Neutral Systems
- The neutral conductor of a solidly grounded neutral system shall be permitted to be grounded at more than one point. Grounding shall be permitted at one or more of the following locations:
- The multigrounded neutral conductor shall be grounded at each transformer and at other additional locations by connection to a grounding electrode.
- At least one grounding electrode shall be installed and connected to the multigrounded neutral conductor every 400 m (1300 ft).
- The maximum distance between any two adjacent electrodes shall not be more than 400 m (1300 ft).
- In a multigrounded shielded cable system, the shielding shall be grounded at each cable joint that is exposed to personnel contact.
Exception: In a multipoint grounded system, a grounding electrode shall not be required to bond the neutral conductor in an uninterrupted conductor exceeding 400 m (1300 ft) if the only purpose for removing the cable jacket is for bonding the neutral conductor to a grounding electrode.