220.84 Multifamily Dwelling
|Number of Dwelling Units||Demand Factor (%)|
|62 and over||23|
- No dwelling unit is supplied by more than one feeder.
- Each dwelling unit is equipped with electric cooking equipment.
Exception: When the calculated load for multifamily dwellings without electric cooking in Part III of this article exceeds that calculated under Part IV for the identical load plus electric cooking (based on 8 kW per unit), the lesser of the two loads shall be permitted to be used.
- Each dwelling unit is equipped with either electric space-heating or air conditioning, or both. Feeders and service conductors whose calculated load is determined by this optional calculation shall be permitted to have the neutral load determined by 220.61.
- 33 volt-amperes/m2 or 3 volt-amperes/ft2 for general lighting and general-use receptacles
- 1500 volt-amperes for each 2-wire, 20-ampere small-appliance branch circuit and each laundry branch circuit covered in 210.11(C)(1) and (C)(2)
- The nameplate rating of the following:
- The nameplate ampere or kVA rating of all permanently connected motors not included in item (3)
- The larger of the air-conditioning load or the fixed electric space-heating load