MP pressure regulators shall comply with the following:
- The MP regulator shall be approved and shall be suitable for the inlet and outlet gas pressures for the application.
- The MP regulator shall maintain a reduced outlet pressure under lockup (no-flow) conditions.
- The capacity of the MP regulator, determined by published ratings of its manufacturer, shall be adequate to supply the appliances served.
- The MP pressure regulator shall be provided with access. Where located indoors, the regulator shall be vented to the outdoors or shall be equipped with a leak-limiting device, in either case complying with Section 410.3.
- A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed between the MP regulator and its upstream shutoff valve. Such tee fitting shall be positioned to allow connection of a pressure-measuring instrument and to serve as a sediment trap.
- A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed not less than 10 pipe diameters downstream of the MP regulator outlet. Such tee fitting shall be positioned to allow connection of a pressure-measuring instrument.