// CODE SNIPPET
G2421.2 (410.2) MP Regulators
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
MP pressure regulators shall comply with the following:
- The MP regulator shall be approved and shall be suitable for the inlet and outlet gas pressures for the application.
- The MP regulator shall maintain a reduced outlet pressure under lock-up (no-flow) conditions.
- The capacity of the MP regulator, determined by published ratings of its manufacturer, shall be adequate to supply the appliances served.
- The MP pressure regulator shall be provided with access. Where located indoors, the regulator shall be vented to the outdoors or shall be equipped with a leak-limiting device, in either case complying with Section G2421.3.
- A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed between the MP regulator and its upstream shutoff valve. Such tee fitting shall be positioned to allow connection of a pressure-measuring instrument and to serve as a sediment trap.
- A tee fitting with one opening capped or plugged shall be installed not less than 10 pipe diameters downstream of the MP regulator outlet. Such tee fitting shall be positioned to allow connection of a pressure-measuring instrument. The tee fitting is not required where the MP regulator serves an appliance that has a pressure test port on the gas control inlet side and the appliance is located in the same room as the MP regulator.
- Where connected to rigid piping, a union shall be installed within 1 foot (304 mm) of either side of the MP regulator.