// CODE SNIPPET
3308.6.2 Mortar Loading
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Mortars shall be loaded as follows:
- Mortars shall be loaded during daylight hours (between sunrise and sunset). Mortars shall not be loaded during night hours (between sunset and sunrise).
- All unloading of fireworks from the delivery vehicle and loading and fusing of the fireworks shall be conducted under the supervision of a certificate of fitness holder in the presence of a department representative.
- All shells shall be inspected by a certificate of fitness holder for fireworks display immediately prior to placement. Any shells that are torn, leaking, show signs of having been wet or have broken fuses shall not be used.
- The certificate of fitness holder for fireworks display shall verify that the proper lifting charge has been attached to each shell to ensure the safe control of discharge height.
- When loading into mortars, shells shall be held by their lowering cords (if provided) or their fuses (if no lowering cord is provided).
- Shells shall be lowered carefully into the mortar, such that they are properly seated in the bottom of the mortar. Shells shall never be forced into a mortar.
- No person shall place any part of his or her body over the mortar during its loading.