// CODE SNIPPET
1110.1 More Than 6.6 Pounds of Refrigerant
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Systems containing more than 6.6 pounds (2.99 kg) of refrigerant shall have stop valves installed at the following locations:
- The suction inlet of a compressor, compressor unit, or condensing unit.
- The discharge of a compressor, compressor unit, or condensing unit.
- The outlet of a liquid receiver.
- Systems that have a refrigerant pumpout function capable of storing the refrigerant charge, or are equipped with the provisions for pumpout of the refrigerant.
- Self-contained systems. [ASHRAE 15:9.12.4]