// CODE SNIPPET
1110.2 More Than 110 Pounds of Refrigerant
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Systems containing more than 110 pounds (49.9 kg) of refrigerant shall have stop valves installed at the following locations:
- The suction inlet of a compressor, compressor unit, or condensing unit.
- The discharge outlet of a compressor, compressor unit, or condensing unit.
- The inlet of a liquid receiver, except for self-contained systems or where the receiver is an integral part of the condenser or condensing unit.
- The outlet of a liquid receiver.
- The inlets and outlets of condensers where more than one condenser is used in parallel in the systems.
Exception: Systems that have a refrigerant pumpout function capable of storing the refrigerant charge, or are equipped with the provisions for pumpout of the refrigerant or self-contained systems. [ASHRAE 15:9.12.5]