// CODE SNIPPET
1812A.7 Monitoring of Existing DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, and OSHPD 1 and 4 Structures
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The contractor shall complete a written and photographic log of all existing DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, and OSHPD 1 & 4 structures within 100 ft or three times depth of shoring, prior to construction. A licensed surveyor shall document all existing substantial cracks in adjacent existing structures.
- The contractor shall document existing condition of wall cracks adjacent to shoring walls prior to start of construction.
- The contractor shall monitor existing walls for movement or cracking that may result from adjacent shoring.
- If excessive movement or visible cracking occurs, the contractor shall stop work and shore/reinforce excavation and contact the shoring design engineer and building official.
- Monitoring of the existing structure shall be at reasonable intervals as required by the registered design professional subject to approval of the building official. Monitoring shall be performed by a licensed surveyor and shall consist of vertical and lateral movement of the existing structures. Prior to starting shoring installation a preconstruction meeting shall take place between the contractor, shoring design engineer, surveyor, geotechnical engineer and building official to identify monitoring locations on existing buildings.
- If in the opinion of the building official or shoring design engineer, monitoring data indicate excessive movement or other distress, all excavation shall cease until the geotechnical engineer and shoring design engineer investigate the situation and make recommendations for remediation or continuing.
- All reading and measurements shall be submitted to the building official and shoring design engineer.
Related Code Sections
1812A.7 Soils and Foundations, Monitoring of Existing DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, and OSHPD 1 and 4 Structures
The contractor shall complete a written and photographic log of all existing DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, and OSHPD 1 & 4 structures within 100 ft or three ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 18A Soils and Foundations > 1812A Earth Retaining Shoring > 1812A.7 Monitoring of Existing DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, and OSHPD 1 and 4 Structures
2410.1.3 Glass and Glazing, Monitoring
Short- and long-term periodic performance monitoring shall be provided in accordance with ASTM C1401, C1392 and C1394. Inspection frequencies ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 24 Glass and Glazing > 2410 [DSA-SS, DSA-SS/CC, OSHPD 1 & 4] Structural Sealant Glazing (SSG) > 2410.1 General > 2410.1.3 Monitoring
319.1.5 Provisions for All Compliance Methods, Public Schools. [DSA-SS , DSA-SS/CC ]
or structural panel sheathing. Braced horizontal diaphragms may be acceptable when approved by DSA. Straight lumber sheathing may be used in combination ...
Los Angeles Existing Building Code > 3 Provisions for All Compliance Methods > 319 Seismic Criteria Selection for Existing Buildings > 319.1 Basis for Evaluation and Design > 319.1.5 Public Schools. [DSA-SS , DSA-SS/CC ]
2505.3 Gypsum Board, Gypsum Panel Products and Plaster, [DSA-SS & DSA-SS/CC and OSHPD 1 & 4]
Section 2505.1 and 2505.2 are not permitted ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 25 Gypsum Board, Gypsum Panel Products and Plaster > 2505 Shear Wall Construction > 2505.3 [DSA-SS & DSA-SS/CC and OSHPD 1 & 4]