// CODE SNIPPET
1301.2 Modification to International Energy Conservation Code
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The following changes shall be made to the International Energy Conservation Code: Residential:
- Section R402.4.1.1 - Delete the last sentence.
- Section R402.4.1.2, the first sentence shall be modified to read as follows: "The building or dwelling unit shall be tested and verified as having an air leakage rate not exceeding 4 air changes per hour at 50 Pascals."
- Section R402.4.2 shall read "Fireplaces. New wood-burning fireplaces shall have doors or tight-fitting flue dampers and outdoor combustion air. If using tight-fitting doors on factory-built fireplaces listed and labeled in accordance with UL 127, the doors shall be tested and listed for the fireplace."
- Section R403.2.3 shall read "Building cavities (Mandatory). Building framing cavities shall not be used as supply ducts."
- Section R403.9 - Delete section and all subsections.
- Section C101.4.3
- Section C202 add the following definitions
REROOFING. The process of recovering or replacing an existing roof covering. See "Roof recover" and "Roof replacement."
ROOF RECOVER. The process of installing an additional roof covering over a prepared existing roof covering without removing the existing roof covering.
ROOF REPAIR. Reconstruction or renewal of any part of an existing roof for the purpose of its maintenance.
ROOF REPLACEMENT. The process of removing the existing roof covering, repairing any damaged substrate and installing a new roof covering.
- Section C402.2.1.1: Delete existing section and Table C402.2.1.1 and replace with new section which reads "C402.2.1.1 Roof replacement. For roof replacements, where the existing roof assembly is part of the building thermal envelope and contains insulation entirely above deck, roof replacement shall include compliance with the requirements of Table C402.1.2 or Table C402.2."