[NY] 1206.17 Mobile Energy Storage System Equipment and Operations
[NY] TABLE 1206.17
MOBILE ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS
|COMPLIANCE REQUIRED||DEPLOYMENT a|
|1206.11 General installation requirements||Yes b|
|1206.12.1 Size and separation||Yes c|
|1206.12.2 Maximum allowable quantities||Yes|
|1206.12.4 Smoke and automatic fire detection||Yes e|
|1206.12.5 Fire suppression systems||Yes d|
|1206.12.6 Maximum enclosure size||Yes|
|1206.12.7 Vegetation control||Yes|
|1206.12.8 Means of egress separation||Yes|
|1206.13 Technology specific protection||Yes|
- See Section 1206.17.2.
- Mobile operations on wheeled vehicle or trailers shall not be required to comply with the seismic and structural load requirements of Section 1206.11.4.
- In walk-in energy storage system units, spacing is not required between energy storage system units and the walls of the enclosure.
- Fire suppression system connections to the water supply shall be permitted to use approved temporary connections.
- Alarm signals are not required to be transmitted to an approved location for mobile energy storage systems deployed 30 days or less.
- Relevant information for the mobile energy storage system equipment and protection measures in the construction documents required by Section 1206.4.
- Location(s) and layout diagram(s) of the area(s) in which the mobile energy storage system is to be deployed, including a scale diagram of all nearby exposures.
- Location and content of signage, including no smoking signs and signage complying with Section 1206.11.8.
- Description of fencing to be provided around the energy storage system, including locking methods.
- Details on fire suppression, smoke and automatic fire detection, system monitoring, thermal management, exhaust ventilation, and explosion control, if provided.
- The intended duration of the deployment operation, including anticipated connection and disconnection times and dates.
- Location and description of local staging stops during transit to the deployment site. See Section 1220.127.116.11.
- Description of the temporary wiring, including connection methods, conductor type and size, and circuit overcurrent protection to be provided.
- Description of how fire suppression system connections to water supplies or extinguishing agents are to be provided.
- Contact information for personnel who are responsible for maintaining and servicing the equipment and responding to emergencies as required by Section 1206.7.1.
Installations where mobile energy storage systems are charged and stored shall be treated as permanent indoor or outdoor energy storage system installations, and shall comply with the following sections, as applicable:
The duration of a mobile energy storage system deployment shall not exceed 30 days.
Deployed mobile energy storage systems shall be separated by a minimum 50 feet (15.3 m) from public seating areas and from tents, canopies and membrane structures with an occupant load of 30 or more. Deployed mobile energy storage systems shall be separated by a minimum 10 feet (3048 mm) from the following exposures: