// CODE SNIPPET
406.4.1 Minimum Standards for Nonmercury Gauges
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- This section establishes minimum standards for nonmercury gauges to test gas piping, drainage and vent systems.
- Each gauge shall meet the following requirements:
- The gauge shall be manufactured and used in accordance with ASME B40.100, which incorporates ASME B40.1 and ASME B40.7, and the manufacturer shall provide with the gauge a written statement that the gauge is manufactured in accordance with such ASME standard;
- The gauge shall be labeled with the name of the manufacturer;
- The gauge shall be kept in a padded separate rigid box and the manufacturer's instructions for use and protection of the gauge shall be complied with;
- The units of measurement "psig" shall appear on the face of the gauge; and
- The gauge shall be kept in good working order.