// CODE SNIPPET
113.4 Minimum Qualifications
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Applicants for certificates shall comply with the following minimum requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age, or such age above the age of 18 as may be required by law, rule or regulation.
- Have a reasonable understanding of the English language and be able to answer satisfactorily such questions as may be asked of such applicant upon his or her examination.
- Present such evidence of his or her character, habits and past employment, as may be satisfactory to the commissioner.
- Present such evidence of his or her qualifications as set forth in the rules or the department's notice of examination for such certificate.
- Pass an examination, administered by the department or other entity that tests the applicant's knowledge of the code, law, rules and regulations governing the regulated material, operation or facility, and the precautions and other actions necessary to ensure the proper and safe performance of his or her duties as a certificate holder.
- When applying for a certificate of fitness relating to storage, handling and use of explosives, present proof of United States citizenship.