During the Method A protocol, flame shall not spread to the ceiling during the 40-kW exposure. During the 150-kW exposure, the textile wall covering shall comply with all of the following:
- Flame shall not spread to the outer extremity of the sample on the 8-foot by 12-foot (203 mm by 305 mm) wall.
- The specimen shall not burn to the outer extremity of the 2-foot-wide (610 mm) samples mounted in the corner of the room.
- Burning droplets deemed capable of igniting textile wall coverings or that burn for 30 seconds or more shall not form.
- Flashover, as defined in NFPA 265, shall not occur.
- The maximum net instantaneous peak heat release rate, determined by subtracting the burner output from the maximum heat release rate, does not exceed 300 kW.