// CODE SNIPPET
G2414.10.5 (403.10.5) Metallic Fittings
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Metallic fittings shall comply with the following:
- Fittings used with steel, stainless steel or wrought-iron pipe shall be steel, stainless steel, copper alloy, malleable iron or cast iron.
- Fittings used with copper or copper alloy pipe shall be copper or copper alloy.
- Cast-iron bushings shall be prohibited.
- Special fittings. Fittings such as couplings, proprietary-type joints, saddle tees, gland-type compression fittings, and flared, flareless and compression-type tubing fittings shall be: used within the fitting manufacturer's pressure-temperature recommendations; used within the service conditions anticipated with respect to vibration, fatigue, thermal expansion and contraction; and shall be approved.
- 5.1. The operation shall be performed on systems having operating pressures of 5 psi (34.5 kPa) or less.
- 5.2. The operation shall be performed by the gas supplier or the gas supplier's designated representative.
- 5.3. The drilling and tapping operation shall be performed in accordance with written procedures prepared by the gas supplier.
- 5.4. The fittings shall be located outdoors.
- 5.5. The tapped fitting assembly shall be inspected and proven to be free of leakage.
Related Code Sections
G2414.10.5 Fuel Gas, (403.10.5) Metallic Fittings
Metallic fittings shall comply with the following: Fittings used with steel, stainless steel or wrought-iron pipe shall be steel, stainless steel ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 24 Fuel Gas > G2414 (403) Piping Materials > G2414.10 (403.10) Metallic Piping Joints and Fittings > G2414.10.5 (403.10.5) Metallic Fittings
403.10.5 Gas Piping Installations, Metallic Fittings
Metallic fittings shall comply with the following: Threaded fittings in sizes larger than 4 inches (102 mm) shall not be used. Fittings used ...
Fuel Gas Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Gas Piping Installations > 403 (IFGS) Piping Materials > 403.10 Metallic Piping Joints and Fittings > 403.10.5 Metallic Fittings
(5) Special Equipment, Metal Fittings
All metal fittings within or attached to the pool structure shall be bonded. Isolated parts that are not over 100 mm (4 in.) in any dimension and do ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Kansas > 6 Special Equipment > 680 Swimming Pools, Fountains, and Similar Installations > 680.26 Equipotential Bonding > (B) Bonded Parts > (5) Metal Fittings
(A) Wiring Methods and Materials, Fittings
Fittings used for connecting Type MI cable to boxes, cabinets, or other equipment shall be identified for such use ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Kansas > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 332 Mineral-Insulated, Metal-Sheathed Cable: Type MI > 332.40 Boxes and Fittings > (A) Fittings
344.14 Wiring Methods and Materials, Dissimilar Metals
Where practicable, dissimilar metals in contact anywhere in the system shall be avoided to eliminate the possibility of galvanic action. Aluminum ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Kansas > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 344 Rigid Metal Conduit: Type RMC > 344.14 Dissimilar Metals