Article 376 Metal Wireways
Metal Wireways. Sheet metal troughs with hinged or removable covers for housing and protecting electrical wires and cable and in which conductors are laid in place after the raceway has been installed as a complete system.
- For exposed work.
- In any hazardous (classified) location, as permitted by other articles in this Code.
- In wet locations where wireways are listed for the purpose.
- In concealed spaces as an extension that passes transversely through walls, if the length passing through the wall is unbroken. Access to the conductors shall be maintained on both sides of the wall.
- Where subject to severe physical damage
- Where subject to severe corrosive environments
Informational Note: The purpose of having all parallel conductor sets within the same group is to prevent current imbalance in the paralleled conductors due to inductive reactance.