Mesh fences, other than chain link fences in accordance with Section 305.2.7, shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and shall comply with the following:
- The bottom of the mesh restraining fence shall be not more than 1 inch (25 mm) above the deck or installed surface or grade.
- The maximum vertical clearance from the bottom of the mesh fence and the solid surface shall not permit the fence to be lifted more than 4 inches (102 mm) from grade or decking.
- The fence shall be designed and constructed so that it does not allow passage of a 4-inch (102 mm) sphere under any mesh panel. The maximum vertical clearance from the bottom of the mesh fence and the solid surface shall not be more than 4 inches (102 mm) from grade or decking.
- An attachment device shall attach each barrier section at a height not lower than 45 inches (1143 mm) above grade. Common attachment devices include, but are not limited to, devices that provide the security equal to or greater than that of a hook-and-eye-type latch incorporating a spring-actuated retaining lever such as a safety gate hook.
- Where a hinged gate is used with a mesh barrier, the gate shall comply with Section 305.3.
- Patio deck sleeves such as vertical post receptacles which are placed inside the patio surface shall be of a nonconductive material.
- Mesh fences shall not be used on top of on ground residential pools.