// CODE SNIPPET
305.2.4 Mesh Fence as a Barrier
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Mesh fences, other than chain link fences in accordance with Section 305.2.7, shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and shall comply with the following:
- The bottom of the mesh fence shall be not more than 1 inch (25 mm) above the deck or installed surface or grade.
- The maximum vertical clearance from the bottom of the mesh fence and the solid surface shall not permit the fence to be lifted more than 4 inches (102 mm) from grade or decking.
- The fence shall be designed and constructed so that it does not allow passage of a 4-inch (102 mm) sphere under any mesh panel. The maximum vertical clearance from the bottom of the mesh fence and the solid surface shall not be more than 4 inches (102 mm) from grade or decking.
- An attachment device shall attach each barrier section at a height not lower than 45 inches (1143 mm) above grade. Common attachment devices include, but are not limited to, devices that provide the security equal to or greater than that of a hook-and-eyetype latch incorporating a spring-actuated retaining lever such as a safety gate hook.
- Where a hinged gate is used with a mesh fence, the gate shall comply with Section 305.3.
- Patio deck sleeves such as vertical post receptacles that are placed inside the patio surface shall be of a nonconductive material.
- Mesh fences shall not be installed on top of onground residential pools.
Related Code Sections
305.2.4 General Compliance, Mesh Fence as a Barrier
Mesh fences, other than chain link fences in accordance with Section 305.2.7, shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions ...
Swimming Pool and Spa Code 2015 of Massachusetts > 3 General Compliance > 305 Barrier Requirements > 305.2 Outdoor Swimming Pools and Spas > 305.2.4 Mesh Fence as a Barrier
3126.96.36.199 Special Construction, Chain Link Dimensions
Maximum mesh size for chain link fences shall be a 2 1 / 4 inch square (57 mm square) unless the fence is provided with slats fastened at the top ...
MA State Building Code, 8th ed, Base Volume > 31 Special Construction > 3109 Swimming Pool Enclosures and Safety Devices > 3109.4 Residential Swimming Pools > 3109.4.1 Barrier Height and Clearances > 3188.8.131.52 Chain Link Dimensions
1507.3.1 Flammable Finishes, Barriers
Booths, fencing, railings or guards shall be placed about the equipment such that either by their location or character, or both, isolation ...
Fire Code 2009 of Massachusetts > 15 Flammable Finishes > 1507 Electrostatic Apparatus > 1507.3 Construction of Equipment > 1507.3.1 Barriers