Section 3102 Membrane Structures
Membranes and interior liners shall be either noncombustible as set forth in Section 703.5 or meet the fire propagation performance criteria of Test Method 1 or Test Method 2, as appropriate, of NFPA 701 and the manufacturer's test protocol.
Exception: Plastic less than 20 mil (0.5 mm) in thickness used in greenhouses, where occupancy by the general public is not authorized, and for aquaculture pond covers is not required to meet the fire propagation performance criteria of Test Method 1 or Test Method 2, as appropriate, of NFPA 701.
Blower equipment shall meet all of the following requirements:
- Blowers shall be powered by continuous-rated motors at the maximum power required for any flow condition as required by the structural design.
- Blowers shall be provided with inlet screens, belt guards and other protective devices as required by the building official to provide protection from injury.
- Blowers shall be housed within a weather-protecting structure.
- Blowers shall be equipped with backdraft check dampers to minimize air loss when inoperative.
- Blower inlets shall be located to provide protection from air contamination. The location of inlets shall be approved.