M1 M2 M3
In all districts, as indicated, for any zoning lot, the maximum floor area ratio shall not exceed the floor area ratio set forth in the following table, except as otherwise provided in the following Sections:
Section 43-121 (Expansion of existing manufacturing buildings)
Section 43-122 (Maximum floor area ratio for community facilities)
Section 43-13 (Floor Area Bonus for Public Plazas)
Section 43-14 (Floor Area Bonus for Arcades)
Section 43-15 (Existing Public Amenities for which Floor Area Bonuses Have Been Received)
Section 43-16 (Special Provisions for Zoning Lots Divided by District Boundaries)
Section 43-61 (Bulk Regulations for Residential Uses in M1-1D Through M1-5D Districts)
Section 43-62 (Bulk Regulations in M1-6D Districts)
Any given lot area shall be counted only once in determining the floor area ratio.
Maximum Permitted Floor Area Ratio
M1-2* M1-4 M2-1 M2-3 M3
M1-3 M1-5 M2-2 M2-4
* In Community District 1, in the Borough of Queens, in the M1-2 District bounded by a line 100 feet southwesterly of 37th Avenue, a line 100 feet southeasterly of 24th Street, a line 100 feet southwesterly of 39th Avenue, 24th Street, and a line 100 feet northeasterly of 40th Avenue, 23rd Street, 39th Avenue and 24th Street, the maximum floor area ratio shall be increased to 4.0 provided that such additional floor area is limited to the following uses: photographic or motion picture production studios and radio or television studios listed in Use Group 10A; and uses listed in Use Groups 16A, 16D, 17A and 17B as set forth in Section 123-22 (Modification of Use Groups 16, 17 and 18), except for automobile, motorcycle, trailer or boat sales, motorcycle or motor scooter rental establishments, poultry or rabbit killing establishments, riding academies, stables for horses and trade schools for adults
For zoning lots containing both community facility use and manufacturing or commercial use, the total floor area used for manufacturing or commercial use shall not exceed the amount permitted in the table in this Section or by the bonus provisions in Sections 43-13 or 43-14.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Resolution, the maximum floor area ratio in an M1-6 District shall not exceed 12.0.
M1 M2 M3
In all districts, as indicated, where a building or other structure used for a conforming manufacturing use was in existence prior to December 15, 1961, such building or other structure may be expanded for a manufacturing use. Such expansion may consist of an enlargement, or additional development, on the same zoning lot, provided that:
(a) the resulting total floor area shall not be greater than:
(1) 150 percent of the floor area existing on December 15, 1961; or
(2) 110 percent of the maximum floor area otherwise permitted under the provisions of Section 43-12 (Maximum Floor Area Ratio).
(b) the resulting floor area ratio shall not exceed the highest of:
(1) 150 percent of the maximum floor area ratio otherwise permitted under the provisions of Section 43-12;
(2) 110 percent of the floor area ratio existing on December 15, 1961; or
(3) a floor area ratio of 2.4, provided that in the event this paragraph, (b)(3), is utilized, the City Planning Commission shall administratively certify and the City Council approve, that such expansion will not adversely affect the surrounding area.
Within M3-2 Districts in the portion of Queens Community District 2 located within a Subarea 2 Designated Area (as set forth in APPENDIX J of this Resolution), the provisions of this Section shall also apply where a building or other structure on a zoning lot larger than two acres used for a conforming manufacturing use was in existence prior to December 31, 1965.
The parking reduction provisions of Section 44-27 (Special Provisions for Expansion of Existing Manufacturing Buildings) shall apply to such expansion.
In the districts indicated, for any community facility use on a zoning lot, the maximum floor area ratio shall not exceed the floor area ratio set forth in the following table:
Maximum Permitted Floor Area Ratio
M1-3 M1-4 M1-5
In M1-1D, M1-2D, M1-3D, M1-4D and M1-5D Districts, for any zoning lot containing both residential use and community facility use, the total floor area used for residential use shall not exceed the amount permitted in Section 43-61 (Bulk Regulations for Residential Uses in M1-1D Through M1-5D Districts).
In M1-1 Districts in designated areas in Subarea 1, as shown on the maps in APPENDIX J (Designated Areas Within Manufacturing Districts) of this Resolution, for any zoning lot containing a self-service storage facility that meets the requirements of paragraphs (a) or (b)(1) of Section 42-121 (Use Group 16D self-service storage facilities), the maximum permitted floor area for commercial or manufacturing uses on the zoning lot pursuant to the provisions of Section 43-12 (Maximum floor area ratio), inclusive, may be increased by a maximum of 25 percent of the lot area or up to 20,000 square feet, whichever is less.