Article 545 Manufactured Buildings and Relocatable Structures
Building Component. Any subsystem, subassembly, or other system designed for use in or integral with or as part of a structure, which can include structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection systems, and other systems affecting health and safety.
Building System. Plans, specifications, and documentation for a system of manufactured building or for a type or a system of building components, which can include structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection systems, and other systems affecting health and safety, and including such variations thereof as are specifically permitted by regulation, and which variations are submitted as part of the building system or amendment thereto.
Closed Construction. Any building, building component, assembly, or system manufactured in such a manner that all concealed parts of processes of manufacture cannot be inspected after installation at the building site without disassembly, damage, or destruction.
Manufactured Building. Any building that is of closed construction and is made or assembled in manufacturing facilities on or off the building site for installation, or for assembly and installation on the building site, other than manufactured homes, mobile homes, park trailers, or recreational vehicles.
Relocatable Structure. A factory-assembled structure or structures transportable in one or more sections that are built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used as other than a dwelling unit without a permanent foundation.
Informational Note: Examples of relocatable structures are those units that are equipped for sleeping purposes only, contractor's and other on-site offices, construction job dormitories, studio dressing rooms, banks, clinics, stores, shower facilities and restrooms, training centers, or for the display or demonstration of merchandise or machines.
- The relocatable structures are located on an industrial or commercial establishment where the conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure qualified individuals will service the installation.
- The individual panelboard enclosures or covers have been marked to indicate to location of their supply disconnecting means. The marking shall be visible without removing the cover and shall be of sufficient durability to withstand the environment involved.
- There is a factory-installed panelboard in each relocatable structure.
- There is a bonding conductor between the grounding terminal in each panelboard and chassis in accordance with 545.26.
- There is a minimum 6 AWG copper conductor that extends from the communication system bonding termination that is connected to each chassis bonding conductor required by 545.26.