// CODE SNIPPET
C405.2.1 Manual Lighting Controls
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Each area enclosed by walls or floor-to-ceiling partitions shall have at least one manual control for the lighting serving that area. The required controls shall be located within the area served by the controls or be a remote switch that identifies the lights served and indicates their status.
- Areas designated as security or emergency areas that need to be continuously lighted.
- Lighting in stairways or corridors that are elements of the means of egress.
Each area that is required to have a manual control shall also allow the occupant to reduce the connected lighting load in a reasonably uniform illumination pattern by at least 50 percent. Lighting reduction shall be achieved by one of the following or other approved method:
- Controlling all lamps or luminaires;
- Dual switching of alternate rows of luminaires, alternate luminaires or alternate lamps;
- Switching the middle lamp luminaires independently of the outer lamps; or
- Switching each luminaire or each lamp.
Exception: Light reduction controls need not be provided in the following areas and spaces:
- Areas that have only one luminaire, with rated power less than 100 watts.
- Areas that are controlled by an occupant-sensing device.
- Corridors, equipment rooms, storerooms, restrooms, public lobbies, electrical or mechanical rooms.
- Sleeping unit (see Section C405.2.3).
- Spaces that use less than 0.6 watts per square foot (6.5 W/m2).
- Daylight spaces complying with Section C405.2.2.3.2.
Related Code Sections
C405.2.1 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Manual Lighting Controls
All buildings shall include manual lighting controls that meet the requirements of Sections C405.2.1.1 and C405.2.1.2 ...
Energy Conservation Code 2012 of Nevada > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C405 Electrical Power and Lighting Systems (Mandatory) > C405.2 Lighting Controls (Mandatory) > C405.2.1 Manual Lighting Controls
22.214.171.124 Lighting, Manuals
Construction documents shall require for all lighting equipment and lighting controls that an operating manual and maintenance manual ...
Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings 2016 of Nevada > 9 Lighting > 9.7 Submittals > 9.7.2 Completion Requirements > 126.96.36.199 Manuals
E 503.6.3.2 Sustainable Practices, Lighting Manuals
Construction documents shall require for all lighting equipment and lighting controls that an operating and maintenance manual be provided ...
2018 Uniform Mechanical Code of Nevada > E Sustainable Practices > E 503.0 Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning — Other Than Low-Rise Residential Buildings > E 503.6 Submittals > E 503.6.3 Manuals > E 503.6.3.2 Lighting Manuals
C405.2.5 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Manual Controls
Where required by this code, manual controls for lights shall comply with the following: They shall be in a location with ready access ...
Energy Conservation Code 2018 of Nevada > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C405 Electrical Power and Lighting Systems > C405.2 Lighting Controls (Mandatory) > C405.2.5 Manual Controls
C408.3.2.2 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Manuals
for each piece of lighting equipment and lighting controls. Operation and maintenance manuals for each piece of lighting equipment. Required routine ...
Energy Conservation Code 2018 of Nevada > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C408 Maintenance Information and System Commissioning > C408.3 Functional Testing of Lighting Controls > C408.3.2 Documentation Requirements > C408.3.2.2 Manuals