Section 110.12 Mandatory Requirements for Demand Management
Buildings, other than healthcare facilities, shall comply with the applicable demand responsive control requirements of Sections 110.12(a) through 110.12(d).
- A certified OpenADR 2.0a or OpenADR 2.0b Virtual End Node (VEN), as specified under Clause 11, Conformance, in the applicable OpenADR 2.0 Specification; or
- Certified by the manufacturer as being capable of responding to a demand response signal from a certified OpenADR 2.0b Virtual End Node by automatically implementing the control functions requested by the Virtual End Node for the equipment it controls.
- All demand responsive controls shall be capable of communicating using one or more of the following: Wi-Fi, ZigBee, BACnet, Ethernet, or hard-wiring.
- Demand responsive controls may incorporate and use additional protocols beyond those specified in Sections 110.12(a)1 and 2.
- When communications are disabled or unavailable, all demand responsive controls shall continue to perform all other control functions provided by the control.
- Demand responsive control thermostats shall comply with Reference Joint Appendix 5 (JA5), Technical Specifications for Occupant Controlled Smart Thermostats.
- The controls shall have a capability to remotely increase the operating cooling temperature set points by 4 degrees or more in all noncritical zones on signal from a centralized contact or software point within an Energy Management Control System (EMCS).
- The controls shall have a capability to remotely decrease the operating heating temperature set points by 4 degrees or more in all noncritical zones on signal from a centralized contact or software point within an EMCS.
- The controls shall have capabilities to remotely reset the temperatures in all noncritical zones to original operating levels on signal from a centralized contact or software point within an EMCS.
- The controls shall be programmed to provide an adjustable rate of change for the temperature increase, decrease, and reset.
- Disabled. Disabled by authorized facility operators; and
- Manual control. Manual control by authorized facility operators to allow adjustment of heating and cooling set points globally from a single point in the EMCS; and
- Automatic Demand Shed Control. Upon receipt of a demand response signal, the space-conditioning systems shall conduct a centralized demand shed, as specified in Sections 110.12(b)1 and 110.12(b)2, for noncritical zones during the demand response period.
Note: Authority: Sections 25213, 25218, 25218.5, 25402 and 25402.1, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 25007, 25008, 25218.5, 25310, 25402, 25402.1, 25402.4, 25402.5, 25402.8, and 25943, Public Resources Code.