910.5 Maintenance and Testing
Smoke and heat vents shall be maintained in an operative condition. Inspection, testing and maintenance shall be in accordance with NFPA 204 except as follows:
- Mechanically operated smoke and heat vents shall be inspected annually and operationally tested not less than every 5 years.
- Gravity dropout smoke and heat vents shall be inspected annually.
- Fused, damaged or painted fusible links shall be replaced.
Mechanical smoke removal systems shall be maintained in accordance with NFPA 204 and the equipment manufacturer's instructions except as follows:
- Systems shall be inspected and operationally tested annually.
- Testing shall include the operation of all system components, controls and ancillary equipment, such as makeup air openings.
- A written schedule for routine maintenance and operational testing shall be established and testing shall be conducted in accordance with the schedule.