A5.106.3 Low Impact Development (LID)
- Bioretention (rain gardens)/filtration planters;
- Precipitation capture (Cisterns and rain barrels);
- Green roofs meeting the structural requirements of the building code;
- Roof leader or impervious area disconnection;
- Permeable and porous paving;
- Vegetative swales and filter strips; tree preservation; and
- Tree preservation and tree plantings;
- Landscaping soil quality;
- Stream buffer; and
- Volume retention suitable for previously developed sites.
If applicable, coordinate LID projects with the local Regional Water Quality Control Board, which may issue a permit or otherwise require LID.
Note: Further information on design of specific control measures may be found on U.S. EPA's website, on SWRCB's website and from local boards that require LID.