// CODE SNIPPET
404.2.3.1 Lockdown Plan Contents
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Lockdown plans shall include the following:
- Identification of individuals authorized to issue a lockdown order.
- Security measures used during normal operations, when the building is occupied, that could adversely affect egress or fire department operations.
- A description of identified emergency and security threats addressed by the plan, including specific lockdown procedures to be implemented for each threat condition.
- 4.1. The means of notifying occupants of a lockdown event, which shall be distinct from the fire alarm signal.
- 4.2. Identification of each door or other access point that will be secured.
- 4.3. A description of the means or methods used to secure doors and other access points.
- 4.4. A description of how locking means and methods are in compliance with the requirements of this code for egress and accessibility.
- Procedures for reporting to the fire department any lockdown condition affecting egress or fire department operations.
- Procedures for determining and reporting the presence or absence of occupants to emergency response agencies during a lockdown.
- Means for providing two-way communication between a central location and each area subject to being secured during a lockdown.
- Identification of the prearranged signal for terminating the lockdown.
- Identification of individuals authorized to issue a lockdown termination order.
- Procedures for unlocking doors and verifying that the means of egress has been returned to normal operations upon termination of the lockdown.
- Training procedures and frequency of lockdown plan drills.