Overcurrent devices shall:
- Be readily accessible.
- Not be located where they will be exposed to physical damage.
- Not be located where they will be in the vicinity of easily ignitible material such as in clothes closets.
- Not be located in bathrooms.
- Not be located over steps of a stairway.
- Be installed so that the center of the grip of the operating handle of the switch or circuit breaker, when in its highest position, is not more than 6 feet 7 inches (2007 mm) above the floor or working platform.