Dispensing devices shall be located as follows:
- Ten feet (3048 mm) or more from lot lines.
- Such that all portions of the vehicle being fueled will be on the premises of the motor fuel-dispensing facility.
- Such that the nozzle, when the hose is fully extended, will not reach within 5 feet (1524 mm) of building openings.
- Twenty feet (6096 mm) or more from fixed sources of ignition.
Where dispensing devices are mounted at grade, they shall be protected at each end with a minimum of two concrete filled steel posts, 6 inches (152 mm) in diameter, having a minimum 3-foot-deep (914 mm) footing not less than 15 inches (38 mm) in diameter and projecting above grade at a minimum of 3 feet (914 mm) and be located not less than 4 feet (1219 mm) nor more than 5 feet (1524 mm) from fuel dispensers or point-of-sale devices, or equivalent means approved by the fire chief.
- The transfer operation is not performed where the public is invited or where there is unusual exposure to life and property.
- The tank vehicles are approved by the Chief.