103.4.2 Local Board of Building Appeals Certification, Public Hearing
If the application is denied in whole or in part by the board of building standards, the appropriate official in municipalities, board of township trustees in townships, or the board of county commissioners in counties requesting certification shall be notified in writing of such denial and the reason therefore and to their rights of appeal pursuant to Sections 3781.10, 3781.101, and Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. The board of building standards upon review of the application shall certify a local board of building appeals if:
- The applicant political subdivision has a building department certified pursuant to division (E) of section 3781.10 of the Revised Code and that certification is not by contract with another political subdivision;
- The board is established pursuant to municipal charter, ordinance or resolution; and
- The board membership meets the requirements of Section 103.4.3.
The board of building standards upon review of the application shall certify a local board of building appeals per contact with another certified board if:
- Both political subdivisions have authorized the contractual arrangement by ordinance or resolution and the contract properly executed reflects that arrangement; and
- The political subdivision applying for the contract has a building department certified pursuant to Section 3781.10 of the Revised Code.
Exception: Building departments certified by contract with the county building department in accordance with Section 3781.10 of the Revised Code shall have the same board of appeals as that county.