// CODE SNIPPET
516.2.9 Listing Evaluation
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Listing evaluation shall include the following:
- Capture and containment of vapors at published and labeled airflows.
- Grease discharge at the exhaust outlet of the system not to exceed an average of 2.9 E-09 (oz/in3) (5.0 E-06 kg/m3) of exhausted air sampled from that equipment at maximum amount of product that is capable of being processed over a continuous 8 hour test with the system operating at its minimum listed airflow.
- Listing and labeling of clearance to combustibles from the sides, top, and bottom.
- Electrical connection in the field in accordance with the California Electrical Code.
- Interlocks on removable components that lie in the path of airflow within the unit to ensure that they are in place during operation of the cooking appliance. [NFPA 96:13.2.12]
Related Code Sections
516.2.9 Exhaust Systems, Listing Evaluation
Listing evaluation shall include the following: Capture and containment of vapors at published and labeled airflows. Grease discharge ...
Los Angeles Mechanical Code > 5 Exhaust Systems > 516.0 Recirculating Systems > 516.2 Design Restrictions > 516.2.9 Listing Evaluation
2506.1 Fruit and Crop Ripening, Ethylene Generators
in accordance with the ethylene generator manufacturer's instructions. The listing evaluation shall include documentation that the concentration ...
Los Angeles Fire Code > 25 Fruit and Crop Ripening > 2506 Ethylene Generators > 2506.1 Ethylene Generators
509.1 Exhaust Systems, Grease Removal Devices
shall not be used unless evaluated as an integral part of a listed exhaust hood or listed in conjunction with a primary filter in accordance with UL 1046 ...
Los Angeles Mechanical Code > 5 Exhaust Systems > 509.0 Grease Removal Devices in Hoods > 509.1 Grease Removal Devices
507.3.2.2 Exhaust Systems, Field-Applied Grease Duct Enclosure
of construction specifically evaluated for such purpose in accordance with ASTM E2336, the required clearance shall be in accordance with the listing. [NFPA ...
Los Angeles Mechanical Code > 5 Exhaust Systems > 507.0 General Requirements > 507.3 Clearance > 507.3.2 Clearance Reduction > 507.3.2.2 Field-Applied Grease Duct Enclosure
703A.2 [SFM] Materials and Construction Methods for Exterior Wildfire Exposure, Qualification by Testing
of those tests are met. Product evaluation testing of material and material assemblies shall be approved or listed by the State Fire Marshal ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 7A [SFM] Materials and Construction Methods for Exterior Wildfire Exposure > 703A Standards of Quality > 703A.2 Qualification by Testing