Containers shall not be located in areas where any of the following conditions exist:
- They can be overturned due to operation of a door.
- They are in the direct path of egress.
- They are subject to falling objects.
- They can become part of an electrical circuit.
- Open flames and high-temperature devices can cause a hazard.
Liquid oxygen home care containers shall be restrained while in storage or use to prevent falling caused by contact, vibration or seismic activity. Containers shall be restrained by one of the following methods:
- Restraining containers to a fixed object with one or more restraints.
- Restraining containers within a framework, stand or assembly designed to secure the container.
- Restraining containers by locating a container against two points of contact such as the walls of a corner of a room or a wall and a secure furnishing or object such as a desk.
Exception: Liquid oxygen ambulatory containers are allowed to be filled indoors where the supply container is specifically designed for filling such containers and written instructions are provided by the container manufacturer.