Section 3113 Lighting, Mirrors, Landscaping
Each operator, or other person responsible for an automated teller machine pursuant to Sections 655.960 through 655.965, shall provide lighting during the hours of darkness with respect to an open and operating automated teller machine and any defined parking area, access area and the exterior of an enclosed automated teller machine installation, as follows:
- There shall be a minimum of 10 footcandle (108 lux) power at the face of the automated teller machine and extending in an unobstructed direction outward 5 feet (1.5 m).
- There shall be a minimum of 2 footcandle (21.5 lux) power within 50 feet (15.25 m) in all unobstructed directions from the face of the automated teller machine. If the automated teller machine is located within 10 feet (3 m) of the corner of the building and the automated teller machine is generally accessible from the adjacent side, there shall be a minimum of 2 footcandle (21.5 lux) power along the first 40 unobstructed feet (12 m) of the adjacent side of the building.
- There shall be a minimum of 2 footcandle (12.5 lux) power in that portion of the defined parking area within 60 feet (18 m) of the automated teller machine.
- The operator shall provide reflective mirrors or surfaces at each automated teller machine which provide the customer with a rear view while the customer is engaged in using the automated teller machine.
- The operator, or other person responsible pursuant to Sections 655.960 through 655.965 for an automated teller machine, shall ensure that the height of any landscaping, vegetation or other physical obstructions in the area required to be lighted pursuant to Section (2) for any open and operating automated teller machine shall not exceed 3 feet (914 mm), except that trees trimmed to a height of 10 feet (3 m) and whose diameters are less than 2 feet (610 mm) and manmade physical obstructions required by statute, law, code, ordinance or other governmental regulation shall not be affected by this section.