611.3 Lighting and Electrical Systems Commissioning and Completion Requirements
Drawing notes shall specify the provisions for commissioning and completion requirements in accordance with this section and are permitted to refer to specifications for further requirements. Copies of all documentation shall be given to the owner and made available to the code official upon request in accordance with Sections 611.2.4 and 611.2.5
- It shall be verified that the placement and orientation of each sensor is consistent with the manufacturer's instructions. If not, the sensor shall be relocated or replaced.
- Control systems shall be initially calibrated to meet settings and design intent established in the construction documents.
- Prior to calibration of systems controlling dimmable luminaires, all lamps shall be seasoned in accordance with the recommendations of the lamp manufacturer.
- Where located inside buildings, calibration of open-loop daylight controls, which receive illumination from natural light only, shall not occur until fenestration shading devices such as blinds or shades have been installed and commissioned.
- Calibration of closed-loop daylight controls, that receive illumination from both natural and artificial light, shall not occur until furniture systems and interior finishes have been installed, and any fenestration shading devices such as blinds or shades have been installed and commissioned.
- Calibration procedures shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Settings determined during commissioning activities outlined in Section 611.3.3.
- A narrative describing the intent and functionality of all controls including any capability for users to override a schedule or master command.
- Specification sheets for all lighting equipment and controls.
- Operation manuals for each lighting control device. Required maintenance and maintenance schedules shall be clearly identified. Documentation and instructions necessary for building maintenance personnel to maintain and recalibrate lighting systems and controls.
- An annual inspection schedule for lighting controls.
- Troubleshooting information for fluorescent dimming systems and the remediation of switching issues such as false-ons and false-offs.