Section M1303 Labeling of Appliances
A permanent factory-applied nameplate(s) shall be affixed to appliances on which shall appear, in legible lettering, the manufacturer's name or trademark, the model number, a serial number and the seal or mark of the testing agency. A label also shall include the following:
- Electrical appliances. Electrical rating in volts, amperes and motor phase; identification of individual electrical components in volts, amperes or watts and motor phase; and in Btu/h (W) output and required clearances.
- Absorption units. Hourly rating in Btu/h (W), minimum hourly rating for units having step or automatic modulating controls, type of fuel, type of refrigerant, cooling capacity in Btu/h (W) and required clearances.
- Fuel-burning units. Hourly rating in Btu/h (W), type of fuel approved for use with the appliance and required clearances.
- Electric comfort-heating appliances. The electric rating in volts, amperes and phase; Btu/h (W) output rating; individual marking for each electrical component in amperes or watts, volts and phase; and required clearances from combustibles.
- Maintenance instructions. Required regular maintenance actions and title or publication number for the operation and maintenance manual for that particular model and type of product.