// CODE SNIPPET
Section M1303 Labeling of Appliances
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
A permanent factory-applied nameplate(s) shall be affixed to appliances on which shall appear, in legible lettering, the manufacturer's name or trademark, the model number, a serial number and the seal or mark of the testing agency. A label also shall include the following:
- Electrical appliances. Electrical rating in volts, amperes and motor phase; identification of individual electrical components in volts, amperes or watts and motor phase; and in Btu/h (W) output and required clearances.
- Absorption units. Hourly rating in Btu/h (W), minimum hourly rating for units having step or automatic modulating controls, type of fuel, type of refrigerant, cooling capacity in Btu/h (W) and required clearances.
- Fuel-burning units. Hourly rating in Btu/h (W), type of fuel approved for use with the appliance and required clearances.
- Electric comfort-heating appliances. The electric rating in volts, amperes and phase; Btu/h (W) output rating; individual marking for each electrical component in amperes or watts, volts and phase; and required clearances from combustibles.
- Maintenance instructions. Required regular maintenance actions and title or publication number for the operation and maintenance manual for that particular model and type of product.
Related Code Sections
Section M1303 General Mechanical System Requirements, Labeling of Appliances
A permanent factory-applied nameplate(s) shall be affixed to appliances on which shall appear, in legible lettering, the manufacturer's name ...
Residential Code 2015 of Utah > 13 General Mechanical System Requirements > M1303 Labeling of Appliances
Section M1504 Exhaust Systems, Installation of Microwave Ovens
The installation of a listed and labeled cooking appliance or microwave oven over a listed and labeled cooking appliance shall conform ...
M1901.1 Special Appliances, Equipment and Systems, Clearances
material. Reduced clearances are permitted in accordance with the listing and labeling of the range hoods or appliances . The installation ...
Residential Code 2015 of Utah > 19 Special Appliances, Equipment and Systems > M1901 Ranges and Ovens > M1901.1 Clearances
M1801.1 Chimneys and Vents, Venting Required
Fuel-burning appliances shall be vented to the outdoors in accordance with their listing and label and manufacturer's installation instructions ...