1. The lowest ultimate vertical load for a single hanger from any test divided by three (where three tests are conducted and each ultimate vertical load does not vary more than 20 percent from the average ultimate vertical load).
2. The average ultimate vertical load for a single hanger from all tests divided by three (where six or more tests are conducted).
3. The average from all tests of the vertical loads that produce a vertical movement of the joist with respect to the header of 1/8 inch (3.2 mm).
4. The sum of the allowable design loads for nails or other fasteners utilized to secure the joist hanger to the wood members and allowable bearing loads that contribute to the capacity of the hanger.
5. The allowable design load for the wood members forming the connection.