// CODE SNIPPET
2508.5 Joint Treatment
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Exception: Joint and fastener treatment need not be provided where any of the following conditions occur:
- Where the gypsum board or the gypsum panel product is to receive a decorative finish such as wood paneling, battens, acoustical finishes or any similar application that would be equivalent to joint treatment.
- On single-layer systems where joints occur over wood framing members.
- Square edge or tongue-and-groove edge gypsum board (V-edge), gypsum panel products, gypsum backing board or gypsum sheathing.
- On multilayer systems where the joints of adjacent layers are offset.
- Assemblies tested without joint treatment.
Related Code Sections
2508.5 Gypsum Board, Gypsum Panel Products and Plaster, Joint Treatment
a decorative finish such as wood paneling, battens, acoustical finishes or any similar application that would be equivalent to joint treatment. On single-layer ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 25 Gypsum Board, Gypsum Panel Products and Plaster > 2508 Gypsum Construction > 2508.5 Joint Treatment
1404.11.2 Exterior Walls, Weather Protection
Metal supports for exterior metal veneer shall be protected by painting, galvanizing or by other equivalent coating or treatment. Wood studs, furring ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 14 Exterior Walls > 1404 Installation of Wall Coverings > 1404.11 Metal Veneers > 1404.11.2 Weather Protection
1810.3.2.4.1 Soils and Foundations, Preservative Treatment
Timber deep foundation elements used to support permanent structures shall be treated in accordance with this section unless it is established ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 18 Soils and Foundations > 1810 Deep Foundations > 1810.3 Design and Detailing > 1810.3.2 Materials > 1810.3.2.4 Timber > 1810.3.2.4.1 Preservative Treatment
18.4.4 Earthquake-Resistant Structures, Joints
Beam-column joints shall have transverse reinforcement conforming to Chapter 15 ...
Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete of Illinois > 18 Earthquake-Resistant Structures > 18.4 Intermediate Moment Frames > 18.4.4 Joints