// CODE SNIPPET
L 411.4 Irrigation Control Systems
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Where installed as part of a landscape irrigation system, irrigation control systems shall:
- Automatically adjust the irrigation schedule to respond to plant water needs determined by weather or soil moisture conditions.
- Utilize sensors to suspend irrigation during a rainfall.
- Utilize sensors to suspend irrigation where adequate soil moisture is present for plant growth.
- Have the capability to program multiple and different run times for each irrigation zone to enable cycling of water applications and durations to mitigate water flowing off of the intended irrigation zone.
- The site-specific settings of the irrigation control system affecting the irrigation and shall be posted at the control system location. The posted data, where applicable to the settings of the controller, shall include:
- Precipitation rate for each zone.
- Plant evapotranspiration coefficients for each zone.
- Soil absorption rate for each zone.
- Rain sensor settings.
- Soil moisture setting.
- Peak demand schedule including run times for each zone and the number of cycles to mitigate runoff and monthly adjustments or percentage.
Related Code Sections
L 411.4 Sustainable Practices, Irrigation Control Systems
Where installed as part of a landscape irrigation system, irrigation control systems shall: Automatically adjust the irrigation schedule ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > L Sustainable Practices > L 411.0 Landscape Irrigation Systems > L 411.4 Irrigation Control Systems
1504.5.6 Alternate Water Sources for Nonpotable Applications, Controls
The system design shall provide user controls, such as valves, switches, timers, and other controllers, to rotate the distribution of gray water ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 15 Alternate Water Sources for Nonpotable Applications > 1504.0 Subsurface Irrigation System Zones > 1504.5 Subsurface and Subsoil Irrigation Field Design and Construction > 1504.5.6 Controls
225.3 Wiring and Protection, Other Articles
Conductors for general wiring 310 Electrically driven or controlled irrigation machines 675 Electric signs and outline lighting 600 ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Nevada > 2 Wiring and Protection > 225 Outside Branch Circuits and Feeders > 225.3 Other Articles
603.5.6.1 Water Supply and Distribution, Systems With Pumps
Where sprinkler and irrigation systems have pumps, connections for pumping equipment, or auxiliary air tanks, or are otherwise capable of creating ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 603.0 Cross-Connection Control > 603.5 Specific Requirements > 603.5.6 Protection From Lawn Sprinklers and Irrigation Systems > 603.5.6.1 Systems With Pumps
675.4 Special Equipment, Irrigation Cable
The cable used to interconnect enclosures on the structure of an irrigation machine shall be an assembly of stranded, insulated conductors ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Nevada > 6 Special Equipment > 675 Electrically Driven or Controlled Irrigation Machines > 675.4 Irrigation Cable