[NY] Section R103 Interpretations of Energy Coderequirements
A request for an interpretation shall be signed by the building permit applicant and the building official, or by one or the other, individually, and shall include the following information in order to be considered complete:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the building permit applicant and the building official;
- A detailed description of the proposed construction, including a copy of the building permit application and plans and specifications that have been filed by the building permit applicant with the building official, as well as any other floor plans, elevations, cross-sections, details specifications, or construction documents necessary to describe adequately the proposed construction;
- Identification of each requirement of the Energy Code for which an interpretation is requested;
- A concise summary of the disagreement concerning the application of each such requirement for which an interpretation is requested; and
- A copy of the building permit application denial if one was issued by the building official.
The Secretary of State shall either issue the interpretation or provide notification of the intent not to issue an interpretation to the building permit applicant and the building official within 45 days of any of the following:
- Receipt of a complete request for an interpretation signed by both the building permit applicant and the building official,
- Receipt of comments when the request for an interpretation is signed by only one party, or
- The expiration of the 20-day comment period when the request for an interpretation is signed by only one party.